Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Health Report #58

This is just taking the piss now. I have a physio appointment today, so while I'm at it I'm going to pop into the doctors' and see (a) if they have my test results back as they haven't contacted me, and (b) what I can do about the cut on my thumb (inflicted by an irate dawdler in the swimming pool, and which has now become infected), without taking any more time off work (i.e. without having to make another appointment).

I know all your friends live here and you want to be with them, but can all medical ailments please stop MOVING INTO MY BODY!!

On a brighter note, my weekend was nice. I went to see my friend, Mary, a fellow sufferer that the hands of the civil engineering course at the University of Birmingham, and who I hadn't seen in over a year. It was her birthday last Thursday and so I, along with several of her friends who I may or may not have met before, went to stay at her house in Wokingham on Saturday and got pissed in the local Lloyds No.1 pub.

It was nice to see that the weather in the South East is as shite as it has been for the last three weeks in the Westcountry. It only ever seemed to rain when I went outside, though. Particularly if I hadn't bothered to put my waterproof on. I should learn, really.

Wonder of wonders, though, both my First Great Western and South West trains were on time on the way there! Possibly the two shittest train companies. Railtrack? Railcack, more like!

2 comments:

Kijani2 said...

I get excited anytime I run across anyone who has an interest in Tanzania. I think I left my heart behind last summer when I was there. Maybe you did too. Keep writing!!! Tanzania stories never get old.

PH said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY FIRST BLOG COMMENTOR!!

Thanks for that. It's oddly satisfying to think that someone I don't actually know is reading my blog.