My brother Nick got back from France yesterday. He's brought back a few interesting CDs (none of them French), so I'm busy pilfering them onto my computer. There's one excellent band call Modest Mouse, a CD of muzak by a Scottish electronica band called Mylo (lift music as far as I can tell so far); their album is called "Destroy Rock 'n' Roll and it's a pretty admirable attempt, I can tell you. There's also an okay American rock band called Hoobastank. It has a photo of the band on the back of the CD - interestingly, the bloke on the left appears to have Westlife hair and a chin you could drill for oil with. To be honest, I think they've narrowed the photo to make them all look skinnier, but this one poor bloke is already very skinny, so gets a pretty raw deal. The others all look very American too, but he's definitely got something of the Westcountry about him. Sorry Nick. Modest Mouse really is very good.
Watched "Dirty Pretty Things", one of the DVDs I bought in HMV last week, and it was excellent. I highly recommend it. It sounds a bit depressing when you read the blurb, but it really is very nice. And I was very suprised and delighted to hear David Byrne as the credits rolled, so I couldn't have asked for a better ending.
"Delicatessen" was also an excellent watch, if French films flick your switch.
Not content with a minor hip injury, I have continued my catalogue of ailments by having problems with my wisdom teeth. I keep trying to tell myself I'm not a hypochondriac, I've just been unlucky lately, but it is getting slightly worrying. Oh well. Dentist tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment