I've been getting on with ideas for raising money for the Sahara trek, for a start. I've been down to the local paper. I started a weekly quiz at the Exmouth Players theatre group. It's panto rehearsals at the moment, and the panto starts soon, so there will be lots of people around for the next few weeks. Ah, victims!
It was a bit pants on Friday - it was all a bit last minute, and the quiz was a bit hard (identifying African countries on a map) - I raised the princely sum of £20.30. Well, you've got to start somewhere, and John (the theatre manager) offered a bottle of wine as prize for future "Friday Challenges", and promised to speak to the pub across the road about them joining in.
Barclays can apparently match my fundraising up to £750 (as my brother works for them), so now I just have to raise another £1,229.70. Woo Hoo!!!
I've got to exploit the Exmouth Harriers somehow too - I'm thinking a weekly "Guess The Time" competition for upcoming races.
And, of course, there's always just asking people for money....
No comments:
Post a Comment