[Edit: I was a bit hasty making this post, and was exaggerating somewhat when I called them "horrendously right wing" - I've had a nice chat with them on their blog (they found me out), and they're not as bad as first impressions, even though I disagree with them on some fundamental levels]
...and I came across Sir Humphrey's, a horrendously far right wing political blog. It seems to be part of a network of close-eared sites that rail against what they call "Leftists" and how they'll lead the world to ruin.
I don't know whether it's ironic or intentional that a site that is using Sir Humphrey from Yes, Minister as its mascot, is so completely oblivious to the dirty dealing and propaganda on its own political side.
And of course, almost all the comments on these blogs seem to agree with all of it, presumably because these sites only attract supporters of these ideas, and so they're preaching to the converted.
The interesting thing, though, is flicking from link to link, I found all sorts of sites of this ilk, many of them full of bigotry, sometimes in the form of barely-concealed racism and xenophobia (not necessarily in the main posts, but often in the comments that people leave).
For example, taking a trip to Dissecting Leftism led in turn to a link to a blog that contained this post on white slavery. Some of the comments are rather questionable ("so-called oppressed group, like African Muslims"), and again it's all directed against "leftism" or "left-liberals". Daily Mail readers would be proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment