Saturday, November 20, 2004

Only the weather is gloomy on Fridays

I had a very nice day yesterday. It started when received a lovely email from SPW in the afternoon, thanking me for the article I sent to them - I had written it for Redbrick, the University of Birmingham's student paper, and copied it to SPW so they could see what a good boy I was.

They not only thought it was good, but I scored extra brownie points because they were about to ask for an article from each programme, to use in recruitment, so I saved them the bother with Tanzania CRP. How super can you get?

Then I got home, after managing to catch the 17.24 train (this day was just getting better and better), and my David Byrne CD (Grown Backwards) had arrived from play.com. This was courtesy of the Anglo-French Society, who had paid me £20 for my presentation last week. The other tenner was spent on Jack Johnson (Brushfire Fairy Tales), but I'm still waiting for that because they're out of stock at the minute.

So I enjoyed my new music in the early evening, while my dad cooked chilli con carne, which tasted even nicer than usual. Superer and superer!

Then my mum and I went to rehearsals for the panto, and I've got a line! I am officially "Chorus 3", and I shout, "We'll talk about it and let you know," when PC Ping asks, "Do I look stupid?" Not only that, but I have another walk-on bit as the Maharaja of Cutters Wharf. I've arrived, darlings!

I'm going to audition for the March play, Deathtrap, but it's quite a big part (there's only one young man in it, and he's one of the two main characters), so I'm not expecting anything!

I'll post the article I wrote about SPW below.

No comments: