"I wasn't expecting to find myself sipping cactus juice when I visited a charity assisting vulnerable young women in the northern Ethiopian town of Mekelle this week.Excellent. That's what we like to see. Especially when it's the women who are standing up for themselves in such a positive way.
"But it is the latest money-earner to help women enjoy a more secure and hopeful future."
I started this blog as a travel-log after working as a volunteer with SPW in Tanzania for five months in 2004. Bwana Bomba was my nickname in the village; in English, it means "Mr Bombastic" (or "Mr Pump", but I assure you that in my case it means "Mr Bombastic").
Monday, May 23, 2005
Empowering young mothers in Ethiopia - via BBC News
I'm determined to be a bit more positive in my referencing to African stories on the BBC - here's another good community-based project in Ethiopia:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment