Friday, May 13, 2005

The Mystery Complimenter Strikes Again!

"My what a pleasingly jaunty angle that hat I balanced at!!"

Well, that makes no grammatical sense, so I'm starting to suspect that these messages are riddles or anagrams of some kind. Shame I'm no good at crosswords.

Joinee Bing is still in the frame. I should find out on Sunday, as she has suggested that she will be present at the joinee juggling in Hyde Park -

***BREAKING NEWS***

As I type this, all is revealed:

"Hey up Joinee Hatchard, got yer number off the net, just wanted 2 say hello and hope u enjoy London, I am down there on the bank holiday weekend, see ya... lov

*some text missing*"

Oh hang on, all is not revealed. This refers to the bank holiday weekend, which is not this weekend. Well, my joinee theory was right, but I certainly didn't see this coming. It might not be Bing...

Darn it.

I'll get my puzzle solver out.

In other news, Anthony was working on the house with my dad yesterday, and found some asbestos cement in the roof. My dad's colourblind, but he swears it looked like blue asbestos to him - the worst kind. Hmmm, nice. Could be costly. He reckons it might be a case of just having to seal it and stick warning stickers on everything, as it could be too difficult to remove (ie removing ceilings & stuff).

Off to London first thing tomorrow morning for Sahara Trek reunion in the evening and Joinee Hinton will be teaching me (and others) to juggle/unicycle in Hyde Park on Sunday. And then off for a cheeky pint in The Cock (official joinee pub) before getting the bus back to Exeter fresh as a daisy in the middle of the night.

[EDIT: 2.08pm: Oh hang on, that last text message was from a different, unknown number. Now I'm just confused.]

1 comment:

PH said...

A little while after posting, I received the text message in full from Mystery Complimenter No.2:

"...see ya... lovely trousers by the way... Ha Ha Joinee ******"

I won't reveal exactly who it was, just to maintain the mystery, suffice to say it isn't Bing.