Very, I would say.
In a vague attempt to maintain some form of anonimity for those involved, I shall replace such person's names with letters of the alphabet.
Yesterday, I bumped into Person A in the car park of the School of X, where I now work (ever since May this year). She works for the School of Y, where I used to work, before I went to Tanzania. So, I worked there from October 2003 to January 2004. Some time ago. She told me that she had something for me on her desk.
After returning to this country, I got myself a job working in Hospitality Services, whose name I can't be bothered changing because everybody knows they're rubbish anyway. I worked there from October until December 2004. Whilst there, I sat next to Person B under the managership of Person C.
I was well aware at the time that Person B was retiring at the end of April. I knew her well, as I sat next to her for some time. Person C was well aware that I sat next to Person B and knew she was retiring.
So, this lunchtime, I finally caught up with Person A and retrieved the item to which she had referred. It turned out to be a letter, from Hospitality Services. They shouldn't possible have thought that I still worked in the School of Y, as since leaving them, I had worked for Hospitality Services.
The letter was dated 8th April, and explained that Person B was retiring at the end of April, of which I was clearly already aware. Rather silly, but moderately understandable if the person who actually sent the letter didn't know me. I looked again. The letter was signed by Person C.
THIS IS WHY I LEFT HOSPITALITY SERVICES. AS A WHOLE, THE DEPARTMENT IS UTTERLY INEPT.
They can't get any catering booking right, and I wouldn't feed their food to my cat, if I had one. And they will never improve because the University blocks any attempt of any external catering company to compete with them. No one is allowed to book anyone else on campus, for "insurance reasons". Despite the fact any other company should be covered by their own insurance.
No comments:
Post a Comment