Anthony and I went to the Cavern Club last night, expecting it to be indie night like last week. It turned out though that there was live music instead. When we arrived a band called Clor were playing, and sounded pretty good. They were followed by Tom Vek (which was when Anthony left), who was also very good.
However, nobody in the crowd seemed to know what to do. I was in a room surrounded by people who were painfully fashionable, in a grungy kind of way, and all they did was stand there tapping their feet and nodding sagely to the music they were watching. Not the slightest hint of dancing.
So, I did what any other abnormal person would do in these circumstances. I bounced around like an idiot, just to make up for everyone else's lack of enthusiasm.
For pity's sake! It's live music! It's upbeat! It has rhythm! Enjoy it as it's meant to be enjoyed, and stop being so ****ing self-conscious!!
Ahem.
I did, however, thoroughly enjoy being overenthusiastic and laughing at everyone else. I shall have to take along a group of overenthusiastic friends, when I make some.
No comments:
Post a Comment