
Who should I vote for?
Your expected outcome:
Liberal DemocratYour actual outcome:
| Labour -30 | |
| Conservative -32 | |
| UK Independence Party -4 | |
You should vote: Liberal Democrat
The LibDems take a strong stand against tax cuts and a strong one in favour of public services: they would make long-term residential care for the elderly free across the UK, and scrap university tuition fees. They are in favour of a ban on smoking in public places, but would relax laws on cannabis. They propose to change vehicle taxation to be based on usage rather than ownership.
Take the test at Who Should You Vote For
Holy Moly! UKIP are closer to my ideals than either the Tories or Labour. What's with that? So I prefer a bunch of xenophobic idiots to....
....oh, I get it.
EDIT: Having looked closer at the site, actually, my relative indifference to UKIP is more to do with their not having any other policies, so it's impossible to get either a very high or very low score with them.
3 comments:
I'm apparently a liberal.... this makes the whole voting thingy a lot simpler doesn't it! ;-)
There's another one at how2vote.co.uk, although the results are based on policies in 2001. This does allow the questions to be more detailed, however. Again, I'm LibDem by a long way, with Conservatives in second, just ahead of Labour.
There's another interesting page at notapathetic.com, which allows people not intending to vote explain why.
how2vote.co.uk also shows some interesting stats on who people think they support, and who they should actually be supporting.
Post a Comment